NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN
We need everyone’s cooperation to protect our students as they enter and leave school. The traffic and safety expectations listed below will help to keep our children safe and expedite the process of getting our children to and from school.
Please be attentive and follow the guidance of our staff members. You will see them directing traffic, helping children exit cars, and ensuring the safety of our students.
DROP-OFF/PICK UP LINE (CAR RIDERS)
· Adults must remain in their vehicles
· Cars must stay in line and pull all the way into the parent drop-off/pick up line.
· Children should always exit on the passenger side; NEVER on the driver side.
· NO U-TURNS are allowed in parking lot. You must follow the traffic pattern to enter and exit.
· No parking or leaving your vehicle in the parent drop-off/pick up lane
· Greenbrook Students SHOULD NOT be picked up or dropped off in the back of the building by ECC Building and/or playground
AT Arrival Time
· Pull into Greenbrook you must go left.
· K, 1st, 2nd Parent drop off lane is in the front of the building. Please get in the line next to the sidewalk and let students out of the car on the passenger side.
· Continue in the lane to door #4 by the steps and railing for parent drop off lane for 3rd grade.
· If you are leaving then you must drive between the two grassy medians and turn left and follow the road back out towards the exit.
· Parent drop off for 4th and 5th grade must follow in lane around to side on the school and pull up against the sidewalk by door# 5
· Once your child has exited the vehicle you will follow the road around and stay to the outside towards the exit.
· No one is to go around another vehicle while they are in line.
· You cannot wait in your vehicle in the drop off lane, you must park in a space if you will be waiting with your child.
· If your child is late, you MUST PARK AND WALK THEM INTO THE OFFICE and sign them in.
At Dismissal time
· Children that are car riders will be waiting with supervision by door #4 (stairs and railing) and door #5 side of the building.
· All students will be in lines by grade level
· Adults must get in the parent pick up line and continue to move forward staying in the line.
· Staff members will allow children to enter vehicle once they are between the markers. Your child must wait until you are between the markers before approaching the vehicle.
· Adults cannot leave or park their vehicle in the parent pick up lane.
· Once dismissal has started NO vehicle will be allowed to go around the line of cars.
· If you are parking your vehicle, it MUST be in a designated parking spot.
· You may NOT pick up your child in the back of Greenbrook by ECC and Playground.
· Children that are walking exit the back of the school by playground and ECC building.
· Any students that do not attend Greenbrook and are picking up a student must wait on the path by the ECC building.
When walking out back everyone must use the sidewalks.
BUS and DAY CARE
· All buses and Day Care will load and unload in the back of Greenbrook by the ECC building and Playground.
· They must enter the parking lot and go to the right.
· Follow the road next to ECC building which will lead you around parking area next to the playground and back to the sidewalk next to Greenbrook School.
· All Day Care should pull up next to the sidewalk as far as possible.
· All buses will line up after Day Care next to the sidewalk.
· NO Greenbrook Parents should have their vehicles in the back of the school where bus and day care pick up and drop off.
Things To Remember
· Traffic and Parking violations in and around the school will be enforced by the Hanover Park Police Department.
· Cell Phone use in a vehicle is NOT permitted in a school zone, including on school grounds.
· Please do not block the crosswalks.
· Only park your vehicle in a parking spot
· Outdoor supervision begins at 8:05 AM, children enter the building at 8:25 AM, and school starts promptly at 8:30 AM.
· IF your child is late to school, you must park your vehicle in a parking lot, and walk your child into the school office and sign them in.
OUR #1 GOAL IS THE SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS AND FAMILIES, YOUR COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED!